Thursday, September 29, 2011

Introducing Youa Vang

Hello All. Well to start out, my name is Youa Vang, and I am the last one in my family to attend college, or the first one to attend a four year college. The reason why I joined the Fsem, Telling the Story Queer because I was always interested in the LGBT community. I sat in the LGBT club at school and listened to what others had to say, from being alone, bullied, and being misunderstood by their family and friends. I was disappointed because I always saw home as a safe place to be, " Home Sweet Home, " right?! So I'm ready to read graphic novels about this community.

I am the biggest Loser you'll ever meet in your whole lifetime because I'm a sucker for the stupidest and oddest things ever. Such as tattoos, computers, nerds, Hello Kitty, and tiny dogs. I'm also a sucker for romantic comedies.

There are many personalities that makes me who I am. I'm sure everyone can say the same thing but then I am a complicated person. Being the youngest girl in my family and having a little half-brother, a lot of people think that I'm just a spoil brat, but then no one understands that I work hard for everything I have and once I set my heart on something, I'm going through with it no matter what. Even though sometimes I am hard head, and out of control, I'm such a nerd and a sensitive Female.

Well, I don't know what else to write so please do tell me, if you could change your name to something else, what would it be?

I would change mine to Yokia because it symbolizes me as a whole. The reason why is because I have another name, a Hmong name which is, Kia, and then there is my American name, Youa. So I combine Youa and Kia to get Yokia.

11 comments:

  1. First, I think all three of the names you mentioned are absolutely gorgeous names. Second, I am also a sucker for all of the things you mentioned, except Hello Kitty. Third, I've always loved the name Tyler. So I guess that's what I'd change my name to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know what I would change my name to. I like my name. It's simple and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love all of your names! I especially love the name Kia! I'm not sure what I would change my name to. I think Jessica really suits me. So, since you like tattoos so much I think you should come with when I get my first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would/will change my name to the masculine form of my name: Samuel. But I would still go by Sam. I like tattoos also! I'm getting my first one next time I go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's cool that you have two names i'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like tattoos as well, im thinking about getting one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything you list that you say makes you a loser, actually, in my book at least makes you fun and interesting. I've thought about changing my name. "Lisa" was the most popular name in the US the year I was born. So I grew up with a lot of Lisa's. I've never really liked it much; it seems so girly, full of soft sounds. For awhile I thought about changing my name to "Kale."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, you wanted to change your name to Kale, as in the vegetable? I've actually thought about the name changing question. It's a long story, but for the first day of my life I was called Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my name. To me it's normal, but you all probably thought I was f***ing with you when I first came to class! haaha If I did change it-it would probably be to Iceman, like Val Kilmer in Top Gun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would change my name is Dante. I like him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TATY SAYS: For some reason I really always wanted to change my name to Katelyn when I was little. Now I love my name, yet I am way more comfortable with Taty rather than my full name Tatyana, it’s just always been my name.

    ReplyDelete