Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The life of Nicholaus Widing

Hi, my name is Nicholaus Widing. I have lived in Somerset Wisconsin since I was twelve years old. I grew up in St. Paul Minnesota. I started skating when I was two years old. My whole family has played hockey all their lives. I love the game more than anything else, but at times hockey can get really old. People think the sport is played in the winter, but this is false. All my life I have trained all year round, so you can see why it can get old. My fathers name is also Nick. I do not go by Jr. though, because I have a different middle name than him. I have one younger sister that is 18 years old.
I really don't read to often. You can probably tell that by my writing. I enjoy playing video games with friends. It doesn't really matter what I am doing as long as I am with friends. Being alone kind of scares me. I am a really shy kid until I get comfortable with my surroundings. I like to joke around a lot. I'm never to serious about things unless I'm playing hockey.
Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do. Some of my favorite artist:
-Lil Wayne
-Wiz Khalifa
-Chip the Rip
-Third Eye Blind
I also love to see new movies at the theatre. I used to go all the time with my ex girlfriend but we broke up :( so now I need to find a new girlfriend to go to movies with me. Some of my favorite movies:
-Wedding Crashers
-Billy Madison
-Transformers
-GoodWill Hunting
Who do you like to watch movies with?
Have you ever tried skating or watched a hockey game?
How do you like it at Hamline so far?
Thank you for reading about who I am.

8 comments:

  1. I also like Good Will Hunting!
    I love watching movies with my best friend, mainly because we watch terrible horror movies and make fun of them.
    I wanted to figure skate when I was little, but I only wanted to wear hockey skates... So that didn't work out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiz Khalifa is the dude. "Middle of You," "The Kid Frankie," and "In Da Cut" are my favorite songs of his. I love hockey, going to school games, and gooning it up on jv. I like watching movies with friends i guess haha. Hamline is pretty chill, a lot like my old school though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy watching movies by myself, as it is a more intimate experience than with my friends. When I am with people, there tends to be a cloud of pressure in the air; a lot of people are afraid of being genuine. It is easier to laugh things off or not pay attention. However, I also enjoy making fun of B horror films and crappy Hollywood nonsense. It depends on the subject matter of the movie I suppose. eg. Requiem for a Dream vs. Jackass 2. Requiem is a movie one should watch alone and Jackass 2 is much funnier if you watch it with a crowd. And I like Hamline; it is the only school which had the charity to make college affordable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Lil Wayne and Third Eye Blind. I actually got to see Third Eye Blind in concert, it was amazing. I enjoy watching movies with anyone. I supposed I watch them more with my close friends and boyfriend. We go to the "cheap seats" movie theatre, the kind that shows movies for less money about a month after they premier. I tried ice skating once, and hurt my ankle. It was sad. I really am enjoying Hamline, its very nice here. However, I can get very homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly, I am getting old, because so much of the music that everyone has been talking about on the blog, I am not familiar with.
    I watch cheezy romantic comedies on my own because I'm embarrassed by my love of them. I love going out to the movies - especially to theater's that still use real butter; but I hate paying full price. So, I too like going to second run theaters. I love hockey (and soccer) because the action is so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hamline's cool so far. Sorry about your girl, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TATY SAYS: I like to watch movies with my family, we have always been a big movie family.
    I tried skating once and got really scared. It ended up with me getting stuck in the middle of the lake because I was terrified to move. I haven’t tried it since then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lets watch some of these movies roommate! you know we have the same taste in music cause we blast music every night buiii

    ReplyDelete